Big Meet 2018
Saturday, August 11th
Valleycrest thanks our sponsors and partners
Big box benefits, small store attitude
With the purchase or lease of any new vehicle receive a $500 credit towards the purchase of parts, accessories, or service with this ad.
THE FOOD REVOLUTION STARTS HERE.
It’s time we serve our community powerful and responsible foods.
Enjoy our 100% Plant-Based – Power Food menu at a Copper Branch near you. Feel great about the food you eat.
Your passion is our priority.
Aquam Aquatic Specialist Inc. is the leading distributor of commercial aquatic equipment in Canada. All Tides is a specialty retailer that caters to water-sport enthusiasts and professionals at all levels, from wading pool to starting block.
We are proud to be hosting the Northshore Aquatic Association’s 2018 championship meet and look forwards to having you as our guest!
Big Meet will take place on Saturday, August 11th. Below is the published schedule. Please be aware that last minute changes are possible and will be announced on-site!
- 7:25am-7:50am Warm up #1 (teams TBA)
- 7:50am-8:15am Warm up #2 (teams TBA)
Competition and ceremonies
- 7:30am Officials report to sign-in area. Referee(s) briefing with VP and President of NAA. Clerk of Course on deck, individual event scratches must be done prior to 8:30am
- 7:30am-8:30am Officials’ briefing
- 7:45am Coaches meeting (near diving boards)
- 8:30am-8:40am Swim-offs
- 8:40am-8:50am Announcements, speeches, national anthem
- 8:50am Events begin – Freestyle, Breaststroke
- 20-minute break after Breaststroke, warm ups (8 lanes open to all swimmers)
- TBD Events continue – Backstroke, Butterfly
- 40-minute break after Butterfly and 30-minute warm ups (8 lanes open to all swimmers)
- TBD Relays
- ~30 minutes after events awarding of trophies
Grandstand seating will be available for spectators and swimmers to cheer on their team mates. For safety reasons, folding chairs will not be permitted on the pool deck (concrete surface around the pool). Please respect the signs indicating reserved seating for coaches.
Only swimmers about to compete, coaches and swim meet officials will be permitted in the designated starting and marshalling areas. These areas are generally behind the starting blocks, deep-end of the pool, and the diving boards.
The Valleycrest canteen will be open early in the morning with breakfast items available for purchase. Lunch items and BBQ food will be available for purchase starting late morning.
Visitors are welcome to bring their own food and drink onsite, but for the safety of swimmers, glass containers are not permitted. Water fountains are located both inside and outside the building. A water bottle filling station is located inside the building near the main entrance.
Valleycrest Pool has separate men’s and women’s change rooms, as well as a family change room. All change rooms have full service bathrooms, showers and lockers (please bring your own lock). A room with seating, counter space and a sink is available for breastfeeding mothers and/or diaper changing.